Friday, June 24, 2011

Marriage Equality has come to New York, my home state


by Rev. Steve Parelli
Bronx, NY
June 24, 2011

"If Christian mercy is gone, then at least Venetian justice still exists." - From the movie Dangerous Beauty.

New York passes Marriage Equality!

Where I could not find, as a gay man, "Christian mercy" within my own evangelical Baptist denomination and within my own nuclear "born-again" Christian family, I have, instead, been handed justice from my secular State. 

I grew up in up-state NY; my first senior pastorate was in Western NY where two of my four children were born; and NY is where I have lived with my spouse (married in California in 2008) since 1997.

3 comments:

Gay Holidays said...

Hello friends,

Thanks for your experience explained here about marriage equality. The marriage equality act is a 2011 New York state law that allows gender-neutral marriages for both same and opposite-sex couples, while prohibiting state and local courts and governments from penalizing religious and religious-supervised institutions, their employees or clergy for refusing to provide services and accommodations for such weddings.

Harveer said...

Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. arya samaj Haryana, arya samaj Delhi.

Maneesh Kalra said...

Hi there. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This blog is really interesting and gives good details. arya samaj temple, marriage in arya samaj.