Monday, May 21, 2012

Introducing St.Paul’s Reconciliation and Equality Centre of Uganda

Posted by Rev. Steve Parelli, May 21, 2012

by The Rt. Rev. Dr. D. C. Senyonjo.
Executive Director /Founder and Head of Mission


Bishop Senyonjo, Uganda
On May 14th, 2001, after counseling couples and people with human sexuality concerns since 1998, I wrote a document entitled MINISRTY OF RECONCILIATION. My church to which I belong , the CHURCH OF UGANDA ,missed out on my call to the marginalized people: What was demanded of me was to condemn them , But I believed my call was to help the oppressed (LUKE;4:18) and to include and be hospitable to the Marginalized (GAL;3:28).
To this day as a bishop who was diocesan for 24 years (1974-1998), I believe that am called to bring Straight and GAY people together in alliance. What is needed , is to talk and understand each other in the spirit of compassion. Any draconian laws are destructive and against humanity itself, when they target to eliminate the marginalized people who would need protection by the law.
Therefore, St. Paul’s Reconciliation and Equality Centre is to foster programs and activities to alleviate the suffering women, the poor, and the marginalized and discriminated people in our country Uganda.

No comments: